Join ICES' unique culture of TechNovation where our company and customer solutions revolve around the integration of Technology and Innovation! ICES is about discovering and maturing innovative solutions that improve outcomes and performance, increase confidence, reduce risk, and maximize Return on Investment (ROI). Among our key specialities are: Enterprise Architecture (Mission, Business, Data, Security, & Solutions Architectures), Enterprise Engineering and Earth Observation Solutions.
The candidate will serve as a member of the Foundation GEOINT (FG) Standards Team in a key role-conducting web and tools development essential to providing clear, transparent communication across the customer, IC, DoD, and commercial stakeholders worldwide.
Duties associated with this position include managing the source code development to support Geopolitical Entities, Names, and Codes (GENC) standard Content Management Tool (CMT) on the NSG Standards Registry (NSGREG). Enhance the GENC CMT to improve the workflow to verify the integrity of the data within the GENC database. Adding safeguards to reduce the risk of database corruption o the NSG registry. Support the integration of the GENC CMT code baselines into the production instance of the NSG Standards Registry to include updating databases and WAR files. Add functionality to allow edits of published entities outside the baseline cycle to correct mistakes.
The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable working in a complex/multifaceted development environment and has demonstrated success in establishing good Customer relationships.
- Active TS/SCI security clearances
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area or equivalent experience
- 11+ years of System Engineering, System Integration, Web Development/Web based communication/collaboration tools experience
- 6+ years of recent IC agency-specific experience
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing web-based applications and environments, wiki site editing, Client/Server experience
- Demonstrated expertise in SharePoint, CSS Client / Server, Java Script, web based registries and MySQL/Oracle
- Proficiency in Java, Java Script, JSP, HIBERNATE, TOMCAT, HTML 5 and CSS experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-contractor / government organization
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of NGA web specifications, mission, products, and role in the NSG community
- Experience in design, implementation, and maintain web tools for data search and processing with both GUI, OGC Compliant WMS and programmatic (SOAP and RESTful) interfaces
- Experience with ISO 19100 series registry
- User experience focus
- Knowledge in GEOINT standards and processes including DISR
- Awareness of the following Standards organizations and their policies and procedures: Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), International Standards Organization (ISO), Geospatial Intelligence Standards Working Group (GWG)