Join ICES' unique culture of TechNovation where our company and customer solutions revolve around the integration of Technology and Innovation! ICES is about discovering and maturing innovative solutions that improve outcomes and performance, increase confidence, reduce risk, and maximize Return on Investment (ROI). Among our key specialities are: Enterprise Architecture (Mission, Business, Data, Security, & Solutions Architectures), Enterprise Engineering and Earth Observation Solutions.
General Job Description:
The ICES Senior Systems Engineer: Configuration Manager performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analysis are performed at all levels to include: concept, design, development, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific Job Description:
The candidate will be a member of the Program’s Status Accounting and Board Support Team, focused on the customer baseline through support to DR actionees, as well as the CS ERB Board/Joint Board process. The candidate will also be responsible for maintenance of the REMEDY database (for items under the CS ERB purview) used to document and track DRs throughout the boarding process. Provide answers to inquiries regarding CS ERB policy & procedures, DR information, and give various engineering review boards schedule insight.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing timely response to the Enterprise regarding CM questions.
- Providing direct support to Consolidated Systems Engineering Control Boards to assure accurate DR responses and actions.
- Support CM process/tool improvement activities.
- Updating and maintaining CM templates and standard of procedures.
- Review and prepare Discrepancy Reports (DRs) metrics to document board approvals.
- Review of REMEDY database to include maintenance and progress of DRs that are under the purview of the CS ERB.
- Knowledge of NGA IT communication systems (VTC, IC Connect)
- Supporting preparation of DRs. Review, verify, and release agendas for the CS ERB to ensure efficient and effective conduct of the reviews.
- TS/SCI security clearances with knowledge/experience working in the Intelligence Community
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of System Engineering experience
- Advanced MS Word skills
- Knowledge of REMEDY database
- Demonstrated knowledge of Customer CM Processes
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated collaboration with multiple customers and stakeholders while meeting mandated timelines
- Experience with GEOINT, DoD and Intelligence Community mission, organizations and programs
- Knowledge/experience analyzing impacts from Discrepancy Reports
- Ability to work in a Government environment as part of a multi-contractor team
- 1-4 years of experience with CM control processes and procedures
- Experience with geospatial intelligence systems and/or existing legacy/heritage GEOINT segments