Join ICES' unique culture of TechNovation where our company and customer solutions revolve around the integration of Technology and Innovation! ICES is about discovering and maturing innovative solutions that improve outcomes and performance, increase confidence, reduce risk, and maximize Return on Investment (ROI). Among our key specialities are: Enterprise Architecture (Mission, Business, Data, Security, & Solutions Architectures), Enterprise Engineering and Earth Observation Solutions.
The Systems Engineering & Integration for the National Systems for Geospatial-Intelligence program delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to the missions of its customer. The program is chartered to provide technical leadership for many of the governments highest priorities, including the data engineering project efforts. Open Data Store efforts enables the customers future data architecture and will include security engineering for developing and maintaining the data security plan for ODS.
The Data Architect is responsible for the following tasks:
- Engineering support for the requirements analysis and breakdown of capabilities from other programs and RFC for inclusion in ODS.
- Engineering support to provide updates and provide new processes, procedures, and guidance as data services are developed and refined.
- Engineering to analyze current data flows into and out of mission/operational systems and services across the enterprise and redesign flows to go directly to the Cloud.
- Support to update and maintain the data repository, data guidance documents, roadmaps, technical briefings, data access design and policies, and ODS backlog.
- Engineering to create executable Features in the ODS backlog and tracking of developer progress within the backlog.
- Provide plans for testing events and demonstration requirements for all services provided by ODS.
- Engineering and Integration of several developer teams and designs to verify they are building to the DSA-G architecture.
- Tracking of all ODS Features to the DSA-G requirements for tracking purposes.
- Participate in all integration, transition and deployment planning activities and venues to include Release Planning events and product demos.
- Provide detailed analysis and independent perspectives on how to architect and engineer ODS to take full advantage of cloud capabilities and services.
- Identify all risks, issues and potential areas of concern related to IC or DoD policies, procedures, or efforts that may impact the ODS environment and overall services delivery to the IC and DoD.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS / Math / Science / Engineering / related technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 11+ years of experience in related field
- 3+ years of Data Architecture related experience with GEOINT, IC or DoD
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Working experience in database technologies compatible with geospatial data extract/transform/load processes (e.g. Elastic, Postgre SQL, Oracle Spatial, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling, data architecture or data analytics, with experience in developing taxonomies, data dictionaries and/or data schema to include semantic data concepts and related technologies
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Able to work with multiple government customer stakeholders while meeting strict timelines
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with the following technologies/applications: Amazon Web Services, one or more application integration framework technologies such as Cloud Foundry, RedHat OpenShift, Apache Mesos, microservices, and enterprise-scale high performance processing technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience migrating existing non-cloud native applications into cloud environments and cloud native architectures
- Demonstrated experience with PaaS microservices/containerization technologies (e.g Docker, Rocket, Mesosphere DCOS)
- Understanding of cloud-based authentication and authorization technologies and how to architect them for enterprise-scale use in the cloud (e.g. PKI, OAuth, OAuth2, SAML)
- Experience with the IC JARM and cloud architectures and API development
- Experience with application design for, or operation of, PaaS implementations (for example Cloud Foundry, Apache Mesos)
- Experience in requirements analysis, and support related integration and testing
- Experience with Agile software methodology and SCRUM
- Working experience with web development HTML, JSON, jQuery, AJAX, REST API
- Working experience with scripting languages
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the NGA organization and programs and ASP vs. ISP knowledge
- Working experience with GEOINT Services