Join ICES on a contract impacting national security as a Graphics Designer/Visualization Specialist.
These positions are located in Springfield, VA. All positions require US Citizenship and an active/current TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph as needed.
As a Graphics Designer/Visualization Specialist Graphics Designer/Visualization Specialist, specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create visual concepts, not directly manipulating GEOINT products, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers
- Develop overall layout and production design for various applications such as advertisements, brochures, fact sheets and corporate reports
- Combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages
- Use a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects
- Work with both text and images
- Select the type, font, size, color, and line length of headlines, headings, and text
- Decide how images and text will go together on a print or webpage, including how much space each will have
- Collaborate closely with writers, who choose the words and decide whether the words will be put into paragraphs, lists, or tables, when using text in layouts
- Transform statistical data into visual graphics and diagrams, which can make complex ideas more accessible, through the use of images, text, and color
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- 7-10 years of experience in a related field
- Demonstrates analytic, communication and time-management skills. Possess creative and artistic ability.
- Experience in developing and implementing creative visual and strategic solutions from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools
- Possess knowledge of the full functionality of graphic design software like Adobe Master Collection CS5, and the designing of products for printing on digital press and web.
- Strong customer service teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional team
- BA degree in Graphic Arts, Web Design, Fine Arts or Communication Arts.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the NGA organization, leadership, programs, systems