Join ICES on a contract impacting national security as a Jr. System Engineer.
These positions are located in Springfield, VA. All positions require an active/current TS/SCI security clearance with Counterintelligence Polygraph and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph as needed.
As a Jr. System Engineer specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform analysis of alternatives against existing and new technologies and propose system/service acquisition strategies for realizing partner country continuity of operations Document and implement test plans and procedures necessary to assess NGA enterprise and system-level implementations and mission effectiveness against functional and performance requirements
- Develop functional and derived system requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems are compatible with the define ASG architecture to ensure interoperability with the NSG architecture.
- Perform allocation of system requirements to hardware, software, facility and personnel components
- Provide technical review of external RFCs, identifying impacts to International Program Office programs. Lead/participate in occasional VTCs/teleconferences with partner nations outside normal working hours
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or similar technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 1+ years system engineering or system development experience or equivalent experience/combined education
- Demonstrated knowledge of system engineering processes specifically in requirements engineering and system architecture
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Strong written, verbal communications skills and oral presentations
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Willing to travel OCONUS
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or similar technical discipline
- Knowledge of additional system engineering processes to include capability based assessments, AoAs/Trade Studies, interface engineering, acquisition engineering, and IV&V,
- Experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to propose an Amazon AWS based cloud solution,
- Some familiarity with system engineering tools to include MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, DOORS, and Visio
- Exposure to Exploitation Management, Target Management, Intelligence Reporting, GEOINT Production Management and/or Autonomous Operations/Disconnected Operations CONOPS
- Exposure to NGA Production Management segment/service/system/projects including IESS, NES, Library Services, and/or Foundation GEOINT