Join ICES on a contract impacting national security as a Mid-Level Systems Engineer.
These positions are located in Chantilly, VA. All positions require an active/current TS/SCI security clearance with Counterintelligence Polygraph and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph as needed.
As a Mid-Level Systems Engineer specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and deliver innovative and disruptive solutions that enhance the GEOINT mission via constant and meaningful engagement with NGA analysts decision-makers, product owners, and end-users throughout the full acquisition life cycle
- Delivery of minimum viable products (MVP) offers the ability to, based on user feedback, modify these MVPs as development occurs, encouraging innovative ideas from both developers and customers (end-users)
- Work with all GEOINT mission stakeholders to understand their needs and obstacles
- Translate difficult mission problems into tractable engineering solutions to meet and exceed both short-term and strategic GEOINT mission needs
- Top Secret/SCI (Active SCI within 2 years; SSBI current within 5 years)
- BS in SW Engineering, Comp Sci, Info Systems, Math, or related engineering, scientific or technical discipline.
- 6 yrs experience in relevant related activities (e.g., SE&I; GEOINT or IT solutions or venture implementation)
- Direct GEOINT knowledge and recent experience working with or within NGA, the NSG and ASG (military GEOINT experience desired).
- Experience performing User Needs Assessments and Requirements Definition/Engineering.
- Project management knowledge and experience (strategy, planning, scheduling, status & reporting, metrics).
- Understands how technology enables NGA mission/business, and is/can be used to manage innovations, research, theories, technologies and trends in the GEOINT/Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) field.
- Experience developing policies and performance metrics for mission/business effectiveness.
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts & work collaboratively with internal/external organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- MS in SW Engineering, Comp Sci, Info Systems, Math, or related engineering, scientific or technical discipline.
- Systems Engineering/Integration and IT/web systems knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of NGA and other IC and DoD IT mission application and environments, both ‘As-Is’ and ‘To Be’
- Knowledge of/Experience with NGA/GEOINT Pilots/Prototypes/initiatives, R&D/SBIR, InQTel/ IARPA/DARPA
- Knowledge of/Experience in: Innovation Mainstreaming Model, Business Model Canvas, Design Think, Lean Start-up, agile acquisition, Extreme/Rapid Prototyping methods, tech insertion, market technology analysis
- Experience in customer needs assessment, user persona templates, and leveraging of commercial techniques for evaluation of satisfaction measurement/metrics tools (e.g., business intel/analytic methods)
- Experience with iterative design or other commercial best practices to streamline agile implementation process
- Knowledge of and Experience in IT entrepreneurial venture capital market/process
- Experience conducting training and education and developing professional educational materials, including instructor-led course manuals used in customer, partner, and employee training classes.
- Knowledge of and experience in DoD/IC contracting