|Intelligence Consulting Enterprise Solutions, INC. is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer
Join ICES on a contract impacting national security as a Principal Systems Engineer. These positions are located in Springfield, VA. All positions require an active/current TS/SCI security clearance with Counterintelligence Polygraph and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph as needed.
As a Principal Systems Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Developer technical coordination and guidance.
- Assess current and future technology, and ensure the Project captures innovative tradecraft, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Perform technical systems analysis of alternatives (AoA) and recommendations on NSG Enterprise services implementation and operations, leveraging industry best practices.
- Provide SE&I and Analysis to implement customer vision to replace aging legacy interfaces with an Open System, Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Provide DevOps support and expertise and drive architecture evolution to leverage advances in cloud technology and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Analyze user needs to develop IT solutions, designing/implementing processes, new/customized capabilities/services for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency, applying principles and techniques of system management processes, engineering analysis, and IT development methodologies as appropriate.
- Ensure sufficient product definition/spec, AoAs and business workflows and coordinate closely with developers to ensure proper implementation and V&V of specs, functionality and performance.
- Lead or participate in technical exchange meetings (TEMs) for managing project execution and resolving enterprise issues.
- Lead or participate the development of engineering products, such as CONOPS, architecture analyses, Requests for Change (RFCs), and transition plans.
- Coordination with multiple Program Offices at the programmatic and technical levels.
- Requirements gathering, backlog population, and requirements management
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 16+ years of systems engineering, systems integration, or software development experience
- 10+ years of related experience with NGA or its IC partners
- 2+ years technical experience supporting NSG systems, segments, and architectures
- 1+ years of experience in cloud technology with emphasis on distributed performance
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective customer relationships with senior level government personnel; ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps and Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Demonstrated working knowledge of: Waterfall, Spiral and Agile development, acquisition, systems engineering, and development methods (User Story Generation, Sprint/Scrum Development, Development Back-log management, Test-Driven Development)
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to solve complex problems
- Self-starter and able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written/verbal communications, technical/non-technical presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience with Workflow Management, Analytic Tradecraft & Methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with Content Management and Governance
- Experience with geospatial metadata standards
- Experience with ESRI technologies, OGC web services
- Advanced degree or certification in a technical field
- Certification in Agile engineering or development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with Activity Based Intelligence, analytic modeling, and data analytics
- Demonstrated experience in engineering GEOINT collection and tasking processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NSG programs to include portfolio and IC initiatives, target architectures, and legacy systems