Join ICES on a new contract impacting national security as a Sr. GEOINT Data Scientist.
These positions are located in St. Louis, MO. All positions require an active/current TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph as needed.
As a Sr. GEOINT Data Scientist, specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct data mining and retrieval, and apply statistical and mathematical analyses to identify trends, solve analytical problems, optimize performance, and gather intelligence
- Visualize information using a range of tools (e.g., GIS, R), develop scripts and algorithms, create explanatory and predictive models, and conduct comparative analyses to address complex military and intelligence problems
- Employ knowledge of data science, methodologies, and processing techniques on behalf of GEOINT analysts and community customers while providing operational support
- Keep applied knowledge in three distinct areas depending on mission requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 10-20 years of experience in a related field
- Ability to identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate, and/or exploit multiple structured and unstructured data sets from various sources, including building or generating new data sets as appropriate
- Ability to interpret and evaluate the results of data science community’s methods, models, and/or algorithms, understanding the meaning, limitations, and scope of the results, and translate them into insightful output for data science and/or mission, and identifying other applications for use
- Ability to initiate the efficient implementation of methods, tools, and algorithms using a comprehensive range of technologies
- Ability to lead work unit proactively addressing and responding to the most difficult data science-related challenges in a timely manner while effectively balancing competing priorities
- Demonstrates strong writing and briefing skills to educate managers, senior internal officers, and the IC
Master’s degree in a related field