Join ICES, Inc
. on a contract impacting national security as a Sr. Mission System Architect.
This position is located in Chantilly, VA.
The candidate must have a US Citizenship and an active/current TS/SCI security clearance
and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph
As a Sr. Mission System Architect, specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct assessments of new and revised external stakeholder mission/user needs, guiding policies and directives and other stakeholder guidance to include identification of latent and emerging needs in advance of change.
- Conduct capabilities and gap assessments of architecture needs and current-funded capabilities using the most current architecture information.
- Conduct technology gaps assessments (i.e. technology gaps are the difference between capability gap and available or forecasted technology solutions).
- Lead and contribute to working sessions with government or stakeholders to determine whether the needs and gaps assessments are complete and accurate and whether planned activities meet architectural intent.
- Review and comment on program acquisition documents within the customer’s organization to assess implementation of architectural intent.
- Document user capability needs, available and planned capabilities, and capability gaps and technology gaps.
- Identify, document, and recommend potential options for eliminating or mitigating the identified capability gaps.
- Assess options identified by the customer for eliminating or mitigating the identified capability gaps to include coordination with stakeholders.
- Assess results to build and provide a business case analysis that includes independent performance, cost, schedule, and risks assessments in context with the architecture, plans, and other opportunities to include coordination with stakeholders.
- As a team member, you may be requested to surge in order to support tasks and projects across the broader scope according to your specific, personal expertise and capabilities.
- Active TS/SCI clearance, with CI Poly or willing to take a CI Poly.
- NRO or IC experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- MS with 10+ years or BS with 12+ years of demonstrated performance related to the tasks above.
- Experience in NRO SIGINT mission system architectures or ground systems design and development.
- Ability to excel as a member of a collaborative team through open communication, transparency, and flexibility.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact / communicate professionally with senior Government customers and colleagues.
- Experience utilizing Model-Based Systems Engineering principals and approaches to assess impacts to enterprise capabilities and services.
- Working knowledge/understanding of NRO network architectures.
- Experience consulting and developing business cases for customer’s use in determining way forward in addressing capability planning and investment.
- Certifications related to functional responsibilities such as but not limited to Certified Enterprise Architect (CEA) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Information Technology (IT) Architecture domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Federal Agency, with previous exposure to DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF), and/or Joint Architecture Reference Model (JARM) artifacts.