Join ICES on a new contract impacting national security as an Expert Lead Systems Engineer.
These positions are located in Chantilly, VA.
All positions require an active/current TS/SCI security clearance
and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph
As an Expert Lead Systems Engineer, specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Government in directing requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis of ICAM solutions.
- Maintain awareness of security requirements and changes in order to advise the development on security relevant changes.
- Identify security relevant changes at architecture planning meetings; answer questions in regard to these requirements.
- Preform gap analysis of security controls vs. as-built and advising the project team of the gaps with recommendations of resolutions options.
- Maintain awareness of operational patching and system level changes affecting GEOAxIS, reviewing scans and baselines to ensure proper patch levels, and uploading cyclic scans to the appropriate repositories during the project lifecycle.
- Assist with the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Advise the Government on proposed changes to the solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assist the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Assist the Government in the management and oversight on all IdAM efforts.
- Assist in leading AoAs, CoAs, Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assist the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Review known issues published by product vendors and identify potential impacts to the ICAM solution.
- Support deployment of upgrades and new features of the application. Create application documentation, architecture diagrams, how-to guides, SOPs, and other deliverables for both training and tool maintenance.
- Prepare technical designs and briefings regarding architectural best practices on an as-needed basis.
- Provide expert advice to the Government in the areas of relating strategy, plans, needs, requirements, and process and capability developments.
- Provide recommendations and guidance regarding improving efficiency and security of ICAM solutions.
- Oversee and coordinates the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level contractors.
- Master’s degree or higher in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree.
- Expert-level experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Expert-level experience with systems engineering lifecycle.
- Doctorate in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree.
- Demonstrated experience of MBSE, processes, tools and languages.
- Possess a Software Development Framework certification.
- Possess INCOSE Expert System Engineering Professional (ESEP) certification.
- Membership or leadership participation in any of the following professional organizations:
- Demonstrated experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience engineering solutions using structured and unstructured Big Data, AAA technologies, and Cloud-based technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in photogrammetry, remote sensing, image science, information sciences, geographic information systems, geomatics, or related fields.