Join ICES on a new contract supporting USGS as a Senior Database Specialist. These positions are located in Denver, CO.
As a Senior Database Specialist, specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop, manage and administer databases
• Identify the needs of the end user and set up databases to meet the data needs of the user
• Transfer data, test the effectiveness of databases, modify and adjust database performance and queries
• Resolve database problems
• Ensure the security of the database, especially if the database is connected to the Internet.
• Apply standard database procedures and detailed knowledge of pertinent subject matter in a program area
• Perform such duties as: develop, modify, and maintain assigned database; design and implement modifications to the interrelation of files and records within database(s) in consultations with higher level staff; monitor the operation of assigned database and respond to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic; and implement and/or maintain assigned portions of a scientific database project, applying established scientific database techniques to well-defined mathematical, statistical, engineering, or other scientific problems usually requiring the translation of mathematical notation into processing logic and code
• Bachelor’s degree in related technical or scientific field
• A minimum of 7-10 years demonstrated experience in the field or related area
• Master’s degree or higher in related technical or scientific fields
• Prior experience supporting USGS programs