Intelligence Consulting Enterprise Solutions, INC
. is looking for a Model User Systems Engineer.
Join ICES on a contract impacting national security as a Model User Systems Engineer.
These positions are located in Chantilly, VA. All positions require an active/current TS/SCI security clearance
and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph
As a Model User Systems Engineer, specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define and document enterprise level policies, procedures, guidance, and best practices regarding use of modeling languages and frameworks.
- Develop an organized repeatable approach, methodology, language, and style that enables elements usage with a model and sharing between model development projects.
- Develop modeling methods driven by Digital Engineering and Systems Engineering objectives, including library of standardized and frequently used patterns.
- Develop documentation for how to create/maintain modeling libraries that shall be used among all models.
- Develop documentation for how to integrate model and develop model queries to enable architects, enterprise system engineers, and acquisition offices to obtain results of previous work.
- Gather, document, and share systems engineering lessons learned throughout the enterprise
- Work across multiple Directorates and Offices to identify and define future space capability needs.
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, external stakeholders, and development contractors.
- Develop and use Modeling Methodologies and Ontologies.
- Develop and customize MetaModels.
- Develop and enforce modeling best practices and support quality reviews for models.
- Develop Model structure and Data Management principles.
- Plan Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) model development in support of systems engineering objectives and program milestones.
- Support efforts involving MBE and MBSE tools and procedures.
- Generate reports out of the MBSE tools for analysis.
- Prepare briefings for senior decision makers.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 9 years of relevant experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Proven with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF).
- Experience with Digital Engineering tools and procedures.
- Working knowledge of systems engineering documentation to include concepts of operations, interface control documents, and verification and test.
- Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration, and use of model-based engineering and model-based systems engineering models.
- Understanding of fundamental model development and its application to architecture or system design.
- Experience with process improvement and metric development initiatives.
- Experience developing and using Modeling Methodologies and Ontologies.
- Understanding of customization of MetaModels.
- Understanding of modeling best practices and quality management processes.
- Experience developing model structure and data management principles.
- Proven experience in core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player requiring collaboration, open communication, and willingness to work in a pair-programming style collaborative work environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with emphasis on MBSE.
- Experience with IC customer’s Request for Change process and the Engineering Review Board process.
- Experience in modeling tools (Rhapsody or Cameo) and modeling frameworks (UAF, DoDAF, MODAF) and languages (SysML, UML, MOF).
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience.