Intelligence Consulting Enterprise Solutions, INC.
is looking for a Space and Ground Communications Systems Engineer
Join ICES on a contract impacting national security as a Space and Ground Communications Systems Engineer
. These positions are located in Chantilly, VA. All positions require an active/current TS/SCI security clearance
and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph
As a Space and Ground Communications Systems Engineer, specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working across multiple Directorates and Offices to identify and define future space capability needs.
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, and external stakeholders
- Identifying and defining future space capability needs
- Identifying key architecture and system level trades
- Developing Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) for new capabilities and coordinating them across the affected organizations.
- Developing enterprise, system, functional, performance, and interface requirements
- Supporting resiliency activities/initiatives on behalf of the customer
- Manage the Request for Change (RFC) process as it relates to updating requirement baselines.
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree in STEM with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Working knowledge of satellite communications systems.
- Working knowledge of ground terminal development.
- Experience with requirements development and definition activities to include stakeholder engagement and customer needs elicitation.
- Understanding of core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes.
- Working knowledge of enterprise architectures and associated UAF views.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline.
- Prior experience in satellite communications systems.
- Working knowledge of the RFC process and the Engineering Review Board process.
- Working knowledge of bandwidth efficient modulation schemes.
- Systems Tool Kit (STK) certification.
- Experience in Cameo and SysML applications.
- Innovative, strong work ethic, able to think critically, and able to take initiative and work both independently and within a team.
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience.