on a contract impacting national security as a Financial Analyst (R&D).
This position is located in Springfield, VA.
This position requires an active/current TS/SCI security clearance
and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph
As a Financial Analyst (R&D), specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize their understanding of Financial Management Regulations, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DoD Federal Acquisition Supplement (DFARS), and internal NGA policies and procedures to execute RDT&E and O&M funding for Research.
- Comply with appropriation guidance and severability policy concerning the execution of funding on Federal Assistance Agreements (grants and Cooperative Agreements), various contract types, OTs, and other types of vehicles utilized by Research organizations.
- Provide financial execution support functions to ensure timely commitment, obligation, and expenditures of funds through internal and external vehicles.
- Create, edit, and review Military Intergovernmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs) and Air Force Form-9 (AF-9s) (NGA Purchase Requests (PRs)) for the execution of funding.
- Assist in the development of accompanying MIPR/AF-9 documentation including but not limited to Determination and Findings (D&Fs), Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs), and SOWs, SOOs, or PWSs.
- Assist in the development of Interagency Agreement (IAA) – Agreement Between Federal Agencies on FS Forms 7600 As and Bs, as well as conversion of Memorandums of Agreement (MOAs) and IAAs to FS Forms 7600 As/Bs in accordance with the Department of Defense Instructions (DODI) 4000.19 and NGA policies and procedures.
- Assist Government staff in the coordination with external Government agencies for the execution of funding through advanced communication on timelines and acceptability of funding by type, year, and severability; follow-up on DD448 and DD448-2 receipt; and follow-up on documentation for the obligation of funding.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science, or Master of Arts or Science in Business, Management, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent degrees.
- Expertise and experience in the execution of R&D funding.
- Knowledge of Financial Management Regulations, the FAR, DFARS and internal NGA policies and procedures for the execution of RDT&E, O&M, and PDW funding.
- Experience sending MIPRs, NGA AF-9s or DoD Purchase Requests (PRs), and or 7600s for the execution of funding.
- Experience drafting or reviewing execution documentation including but not limited to IGCEs, SOWs, D&Fs, etc.
- Greater than or equal to 10 years of work experience.