Join ICES on a contract impacting national security as a Systems Administrator.
This position is located in Washington, DC. This position requires an active/current TS/SCI security clearance
and be willing and able to pass an additional polygraph
As a Systems Administrator, specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze organization’s needs, conduct technical research, and implement appropriate solutions to meet needs and comply with departments standards.
- Manage the overall execution of projects by serving as the technical lead and subject matter expert and being accountable for the project outcome.
- Ensure high availability of all critical applications and servers while meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Review, modify, develop, and adapt security policies based on challenges posed by a multi-tenant network.
- Rapidly respond to patch management requirements by assessing risk, devising plans, and executing plans to all servers, server components, and other devices.
- Establish and validate full functionality of disaster recovery environment for critical business applications.
- Manage backup and recovery operations for multiple sites
- Work closely with technical teams to detect network faults and performance issues and proactively implement monitoring services and alerts to prevent future occurrences.
- Maintain highly secured systems through proper configuration and system access monitoring.
- Active DOE Q or DOD Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in systems administration including hands-on responsibilities for enterprise-wide classified level systems architecture in environments with 200 or more employees.
- Experience with CITRIX servers, Windows 2008-2016 operating systems, SQL Server, VMware, vSphere and related technology.
- Experience in working with NetApp, management COMSEC tasks, and Microsoft Azure
- Highly proficient in developing and maintaining custom PowerShell scripts.
- Information technology certifications such as MCSE, MCSD, ITIL, VCP preferred.
- Knowledge and application of best practices of ITL framework.